How is the credit score calculated?
It could be puzzling if you do not know on what basis the credit score is calculated and what goes into the calculation of this three-digit number. Each credit bureau generally uses similar parameters to bring out the score. However, you might find variance in the result as they allocate different value to each parameter. Following are the parameters that truly determine your credit score.
- 1. Payment history - On-time and consistent repayment provides a positive score
- 2. Credit Utilization Ratio - Having low credit usage on your credit card provides a much-needed boost
- 3. Credit history - The longer the credit history, the higher the credit score.
- 4. Credit mix - Having a mix of secured and unsecured credit is a proof to the lender that you are able to handle the credit efficiently
- 5. Hard enquiry - Taking out credits within short time negatively affects your credit score as there are too many hard enquiries involved
The figures provided in the table above are indicative only and are subject to change from time to time.